Do You Have Trypophobia?

Does holes give you chills or uncomfortable feeling? If yes, you might have trypophobia.

Do You Have Trypophobia?

Trypophobia is an unofficial term for fear, revulsion and disgust on objects with pattern of holes. Although it is not recognized in the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, many people claim to have it even me. Yes! I have chills and itchy feeling while writing this post. I just found out about this term yesterday and thought I should share it because this explains the feeling I have whenever I see uncommon patterns of holes.

The Trypophobia Website says that people with Trypophobia are afraid that they will fall into those holes. For me, I am afraid that it's very dark inside the holes and the thought of what's inside gives me creepy feeling. Also I am very anxious in the thought of having such clustered holes in my body. I am not afraid of holes or circles but clustered of holes. I opt not to put any trypophobic images in this post but you can view see images at Google, here.

Here's a video I found that can test if you have Trypophobia. I opt to put a video than image so that I don't have to see creepy images anymore because I am so uncomfortable right now.

1 comment:

  1. I've actually seen a lot of this lately in exaggerated form, mostly in photo links on facebook. I wholehartedly believe its a true phobia, I believe the reaction to be based on a biological revulsion, rather than a learned cultural fear. I find that it's much worse when people photoshop stuff like the lotus seeds on a person and claim its an epidemic. That makes my skin crawl

    ReplyDelete

We're always listening.

Powered by Blogger.

Google Friend Connect